We are looking for excellent, short, entertaining content for the BBFF. The shorter the better!
All submissions must prominently feature bicycles, bicycle culture or be directly related to cycling. In addition, we want a solid local connection to Central Oregon.
- You can contact us about a submission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We see where you are in the process and get the movie from you before the deadline:
- Submission Deadline: Ongoing through 2022
- Accepted entries will receive 2 tickets to the show.
- We compile the entire show into a single movie so it plays easily with no errors
- Submissions must be in one of the preferred formats listed below so we can compile them.
- The compiled “BBFF Show” will not, nor ever should be made available for sale or posted online.
- Individuals retain all rights to their works and you must own all copyrights to your material.
- We do not pay for submissions, nor is there a fee to submit.
- We reserve the right to use appropriate short clips of your submissions/entries to promote the Festival.
- We do not permit additional public showings of the Festival.
- Shorter is better. This is a live audience, trust us, shorter is better.
- Average length of accepted entries is 4 minutes.
- Length can be from 5 sec. to 10 minutes; submissions over 10 minutes must be outstanding for consideration.
- Footage must be clear and steady (Hand-held and Helmet Cam footage should be kept to a minimum)
- Minimum resolution: 1080p video with normalized audio, up to 4K at 60fps; anything at 1080 or better looks great on the Tower’s projection screen.
- Slideshows are accepted – it must be HD and saved as a stand-alone movie file.
- Respect all copyrights, as this is a public performance, and you must own or have permission to submit your entry.
Submission Format Preferences:
We need your file “to play on a computer” — not for a DVD player.
- Our preferred format is a Quicktime Movie File:
- On a Mac or PC, save your final copy as an Quicktime .MOV or .MP4 file with an H264 or similar modern codec.
Recommended Compression settings:
- 1080 @ 20 Mbps, 2k @ 30Mbps or 4k at 50 Mbps
- 24, 29, 30 frames per second (60 fps is overkill for the projector since it’s refresh rate is only 30)
- 16:9 or it will be cropped to fit 16:9
- Audio: stereo at 44 or 48 kHz at 320 kbit/s
Notes about other formats:
- No Windows Media Files
- Stand-alone or Authored DVD are fine but computer file is better.
Send Us Your Movie!
From easiest to hardest:
- Email us a cloud-drive link to your file, or
- Upload your video to Vimeo, make it “available for download” in the settings and email us the link. You can also keep it password protected so it’s not public.
- USB Drive delivered to Ann. Contact email@example.com for more info!