We are looking for excellent, short, entertaining content for the BBFF. The shorter the better!
All submissions must prominently feature bicycles, bicycle culture or be directly related to cycling. In addition, we want a solid local connection to Central Oregon.
- You contact us about a submission email@example.com
- We see where you are in the process and get the movie from you before the deadline
- Submission Deadline: Saturday, July 15, 2017 by 10:00PM
- Accepted entries will receive 2 tickets to the show
- We compile the entire show into a single movie so it plays easily with no errors
- Submissions must be in one of the preferred formats listed below so we can compile them
- The compiled “BBFF Show” will not, nor ever should be made available for sale or posted online
- Individuals retain all rights to their works
- We do not pay for submissions, nor is there a fee to submit
- We reserve the right to use appropriate short clips of your submissions/entries to promote the Festival
- We do not permit additional public showings of the Festival
- Shorter is better. This is a live audience, trust us, shorter is better.
- Average length of accepted entries is 4 minutes.
- Length can be from 5 sec. to 10 minutes; longer submissions must be outstanding for consideration.
- Footage must be clear and steady (Hand-held and Helmet Cam footage should be kept to a minimum)
- Minimum resolution: 720 x 480 video with normalized audio, prefer 1080 or 4K
- Slideshows are accepted – please make sure it’s HD and saved as a movie file.
- Respect all copyrights, as this is a public performance, and you must own or have permission to submit your entry.
Submission Format Preferences:
We want the movie file for a computer — not a stand-alone DVD.
We prefer that your submission is a Quicktime Movie file. On a Mac or PC, save your final copy as an Quicktime .MOV File with the largest size, highest bitrate and best codec you have. Examples are: H.264, Apple Intermediate, DVCPRO, lossless or Animation. Use high bitrate, uncompressed or lightly compressed stereo audio (this is a big sound system so take advantage of it!)
Entire iMovie or Final Cut project files are acceptable, too. Use the archive project function to create a copy your movie or project file to a data disc, USB drive.
Notes about other formats:
- HD .WMV – these files must be trans-coded, so some degradation may occur.
- Stand-alone or Authored DVD – this is great for us to preview your work but will not work for your submission.
- MPEG-2, DIVX and other older or highly compressed formats are not recommended
- iMovie, Final Cut Pro and Premiere will be the best programs for Mac users
- Windows Movie Maker is okay but not great. Advanced users might want an Adobe product like Premiere
Send Us Your Movie!
- USB Drive (in an envelope with your name on it) for us at 442 NE 3rd ST, Bend OR 97701. There’s a mail slot in the front door and you can drop it off anytime.
- Upload your video to Vimeo from your editor or computer, make it “available for download” in the settings and email us the link. You can also keep it password protected so it’s not public.
- Upload to our FTP: connect to
- username: bbff_public_upload
- password: bbffUPLOAD2017